Saturday, February 8, 2014

Top 10 Books That Will Make You Cry

One of my favorite book blogs, The Broke and the Bookish hosts the weekly feature Top Ten Tuesday. This week's prompt is all about books that make you cry. I realize I'm a little late to the party since today is Saturday, but as someone who has spent my fair share of time sobbing over fictional characters, I thought I'd chime in on some stories that I find particularly tear-jerking.

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling: I can't even begin to explain just how big an impact the Harry Potter books had on my childhood. When I finished this one, it felt like I had finished a huge chapter of my life since I had grown up with Harry.
2. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare: I cried a lot of ugly tears late into the night when I stayed up to finish Clockwork Princess. I love this story and I really got attached to all the characters.
3. A Mango-Shaped Space by Wendy Mass: One of my favorite middle-grade novels.


4. Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls: Another book from my childhood, and the first book that ever really made me cry. I remember finishing this during reading time in school and trying to hide my tears from my classmates.
5. Allegiant by Veronica Roth: This one didn't actually make me cry, but it brought up a lot of sad, sad feelings.
6. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas: Another one that didn't make me cry, but some of this book is incredibly happy, and then it turns around and is so, so sad.

7. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: I have yet to find someone who hasn't teared up at least a little bit while reading this one.
8. Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor: A story filled with war, death, and the unfairness of it all.


9. Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin: This one takes a look at life after death, and I definitely cried at the end of this one.
10. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins: Mockingjay takes the cake for saddest ending ever. After all the death, loss, and sadness in this trilogy, I was relieved when it finally came to an end.

What books make you tear up?

No comments:

Post a Comment