Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books On My Summer TBR List!

This week for Top Ten Tuesday over at The Broke and the Bookish, the theme is books on your summer to-be-read list. Here are some books I'm planning on reading this summer!

1. Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo
I have to read this one before school starts in the fall, so it's #1 on my list! A lot of people (John Green, for example) have said some great things about this one, so I'm looking forward to it.

2. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
I read Throne of Glass last summer and have been dying to read this one ever since. I adore all the characters in this series, and I can't wait to be back in their world again. Crown of Midnight comes out at the end of the summer, so I'm hoping I'll be able to read this one before school really starts up again.

3. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
I just finished Shadow and Bone and I literally cannot wait to start reading this one.

4. Deception by C.J. Redwine
Another sequel coming out at the end of the summer. 
I can't wait to see where this story goes next.

5. Prodigy by Marie Lu
I loved all the action and suspense in Legend
and I'm sure this one will have much of that and more!

6. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
I have heard so many good this about this book lately! 
Aliens + the apocalypse? Count me in!

7. The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen
I feel like summer is never really complete without reading something by Sarah Dessen. Her books always seem to capture the true essence of summer: sandy beaches, 
late nights, and teen romance.

8. The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider
I was intrigued by the original title (Severed Heads, Broken Hearts), 
so I'm interested to see what this debut is like!

9. 172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad
A horror story set on the moon? Bring it on!

10. Days of Starlight and Blood by Laini Taylor
Daughter of Smoke and Bone is one of my favorite books, but for some reason,
I haven't gotten around to reading the sequel yet.

What books do you want to read this summer?


4 comments:

  1. I can't wait for Deception! I loved the first one! Great list.

    Carson @ Reader with Voice
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to get my hands on a copy of The 5th Wave!! I've heard so many great things about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5th Wave is on my list too...everyone else is doing it, so I want to too! Days of Blood and Starlight is devastating and awesome. I really liked Prodigy, even more than Legend. I can't wait to find out where she takes this story! Have a great summer! http://wp.me/pzUn5-1yL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I also need to find the time to read The Moon and More, Behind the Beautiful Forevers (I'm half Indian so I feel like this is a must), and The Beginning of Everything. I've heard so many great things about Shadow and Bone too, that I've added it to my Goodreads to-read list!

    ReplyDelete